Drugs and Alcohol Information
There are plenty of ways to find out information and get advise on anything Drug and Alcohol related. Below are some contact details for different services available to you.
National Association for Children of Alcoholics
Help about the risks of sniffing solvents.
Info and advice on all drug issues. D-World site for 11 to 14-year-olds.
On the Level
Somerset help for under-18s on drug and alcohol related issues.
Telephone: 01749 836727
Sexual Health Information
There are plenty of ways to find out information and get advise on anything sexual health related. Below are some contact details for different services available to you.
R U Thinking
2BU Somerset young people’s support and youth group.
Young People’s Contraception and Sexual Health Services – SwiSH
Contraception, pregnancy testing, advice. Information about all aspects of relationships and sexual health for Somerset young people, including details of local young people’s clinics. All contact details can also be found in Somerset Sex Directory.
Telephone: 0300 124 5010
Somerset Condom Card Scheme
Free Chlamydia screening
Stop Smoking Information
Contact Stop Smoking Services
In Times of Bereavement
If Death Occurs At Home
- Telephone the doctor who will visit to confirm that death has taken place.
- Contact a funeral director.
- Arrange to collect the doctor’s Medical Certificate of Death (usually from the surgery).
- Take this to the Registrars Office, (together with the deceased’s Medical Card and Birth Certificate, if available) for the area in which the death took place. Alternatively you can register by declaration at any convenient Registrars Office but certificates will not be available as these will have to be posted to you a few days later.
- The Registrar will normally issue a Green coloured certificate for you to give to your funeral director who will look after necessary arrangements for the funeral. The Registrar will also issue a white notification certificate for the DSS. They will also enquire as to the number of Certified Copies you require for dealing with the deceased finances (a fee is payable for each copy).
If The Death Occurs In Hospital
- Contact a funeral director to inform him his services are required.
- Collect the certificate from the hospital then follow 4 – 5 as above.
Note For Cremation
Your funeral director will usually liaise directly with the surgery regarding the additional certification required.
The Somerset Dental Advice Line
Do you need help finding an NHS Dentist in Somerset? Do you have toothache?
If so, please telephone The Somerset Dental Advice Line for help with finding an NHS dentist for urgent dental appointments, or for on-going dental care.
Tel: 0300 123 7691